Miranda frequently leaves little drawings around of designs she’d like me to make. I can tell its time to do something about it when she keeps showing me alternate views of the design. I can get a hint.
Here is a recent item I made for her that was inspired by her favorite manga Happy [...]
I’ve created a tutorial over at Instructables, showing how to make these decorative and functional pattern weights. I hope you enjoy it.
You can see some additional ‘before’ pictures at my old sewing roompage.
In the picture below you can see a picture of one end of the room and a close-up of the room floor. It had this fantastically ugly vinyl tile that I believe dated from the 60′s. It was hideous. About half the floor [...]
This pointy cat was made from a free pattern available over at Wee Wonderfuls. Its quite easy. The only difficult part was stuffing the extremely thin tail. I cheated and glued on the felt stripes. My three year old chose the fabric.
I adore vintage apron patterns. I have a large collection, and have scanned the covers of a few to use them as decorations on the walls of my sewing room. Here is a gallery of photos. Sorry for the slow load times, but I’ve included full-resolution pictures in case you want to print them.
This is my sewing room before we remodeled it. Go see my New Sewing Roomas well, what a difference!Below is a diagram showing the layout of my sewing room. It is 22 feet long by 9 feet deep. One corner functions as a path between the kitchen and the back door. The numbered arrows [...]
I made a tent for my daughter’s bunk bed.. Originally I had planned on using a series of ties to attach it to the bed, but my husband convinced me to use a more substantial mounting technique. The ties would have worked, but I think this way was easier in the end.
Here’s a picture [...]
Here are some pictures of a black crepe evening jacket I made with embroidery in silk ribbon, perle cotton, and beading on the lapels (all in black, although the seed beads were actually clear with a black tint to them). The picture quality is really terrible. Its difficult to photograph black-on-black pieces effectively.
On the [...]
Fixing the Pockets
Well, I did it. I went back and remade both pocket flaps. However, instead of making both straight, I made them both uneven in the same way. I kind of preferred the way it looked. It did mean that I had to cut another suede pocket flap. The flaps will be shown [...]
Finishing the Pockets
I made a new pocket flap to replace the one that I didn’t like. That suede is really hard to work with. I probably would have made this whole thing a lot easier if I’d skipped the suede details, but I really like the look. Oh well.
After sewing the front seams [...]